Natural tomato paste is obtained only by separating the seeds and skins of tomatoes collected in the season and boiling them for a long time. Tomato paste has all the vitamins that tomatoes contain. That's why naturally made tomato paste is the most powerful vitamin supplement for health. In order to benefit from the benefits of tomato paste, many varieties are made and stored. Tomato paste contains high amounts of vitamins A, C and E, potassium and folic acid. The amount of lycopene in a tablespoon of tomato paste is quite high. Due to its structure, our body cannot meet its lycopene requirement on its own. However, the body needs it to protect itself from diseases. The product that will meet this is tomato. Tomatoes contain 85% lycopene. By eating natural tomato paste, we get most of the necessary lycopene. The reason for this is that it does not contain any preservative additives.
Tomato paste, which does not contain oil and is a very good source of vitamin A, is as important as carrots for eye health. It has the feature of delaying the formation of cataracts. It is also very effective in white blood cell production. Regular consumption of tomato paste significantly reduces the risk of yellow spot disease. In addition, consumption of natural tomato paste helps prevent prostate cancer. Tomato paste, which facilitates the digestion of pastry meals, activates the intestines with its high fiber content, lowers cholesterol, and balances blood sugar. In addition, the vitamin in its content strengthens the hair root and provides shine to the hair.
When natural tomato paste is boiled in its own juice, it can be said to be a very good source of vitamin C. The biggest nutritional feature of tomato paste is that it provides antioxidants. Since the intake of a certain amount of antioxidants strengthens the immune system, consuming tomato paste frequently in meals and soups provides significant benefits to human health.
Making Home Style Tomato Paste
- 10 kilos of tomatoes
- Pickling salt (rock salt)
- Olive oil
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut them into quarters.
- Pass them all through the robot and divide into one or two pots (according to pot size). Bring the water to a boil over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a thick consistency. (As tomatoes are exposed to heat, the lycopene content increases)
- After removing it from the fire, puree it in the same pot with a hand blender until there are no particles left in it. Add 3 tablespoons of salt for pickling (rock salt) and mix well. You can add as much salt as you want by controlling the amount of salt.
- Now you can dry it in the sun by sharing it on trays. If you do not have a balcony or a sunny place to dry it cleanly, you can cook it on very low heat, stirring frequently, to bring it to the desired consistency. Or you can make the water in the oven in trays at a very low temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fill the prepared tomato paste into sterilized jars after it has cooled. Cover tightly with olive oil on top. Olive oil cuts off contact with air and ensures that it is stored without spoiling.
- Store opened jars of tomato paste in the refrigerator until you consume them.
- From this measure, 750-1000 gr tomato paste comes out.
Correct jar closing technique; First turn the jar lid towards you three times. Then tighten it by turning it clockwise once. When making tomato paste, sugar is added to reduce the acidity of the tomato.